Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!

Reports: Top adviser to Vice President Mike Pence tested positive for the coronavirus

WASHINGTON – Vice President Mike Pence was in the middle of his second campaign rally in Florida Saturday when Bloomberg reported that one of his closest advisers had tested positive for the novel coronavirus earlier this week.

Bloomberg said it wasn’t immediately clear whether Marty Obst, Pence’s senior political adviser, had developed symptoms of COVID-19.

CNN reported that Obst tested positive earlier this week.

Obst and Pence’s office did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Vice President Mike Pence speaks during a campaign rally at the Cuban Memorial Monument on Oct. 15 in Miami. Pence will hold a rally for supporters of President Donald Trump on Saturday at Lakeland Linder International Airport.

Obst, who often travels with Pence, is not the only person close to the vice president who has tested positive. Katie Miller, Pence’s communications director, contracted the virus in May.

Pence is head of the White House’s coronavirus task force.

Pence has had a heavy traveling schedule, making at least one campaign stop most days this month. 

“When Joe Biden is talking about shutting down our economy, we are opening up America again,” Pence said in Lakeland, Florida, before his second rally in Tallahassee.

His wife, Karen, is headlining an event in New Hill, North Carolina, Monday. On Tuesday, the vice president is scheduled to travel to Greensboro, North Carolina, and Greenville, South Carolina.

Kyle Hupfer, the chairman of the Indiana Republican party, talks with Marty Obst and Marc Lotter, two Hoosiers who have worked closely with Pence during the campaign and in the White house.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top