(Pocket-lint) – Black Friday deals are in full swing, and Pocket-lint is tracking the best laptop bargains. But we had to highlight the very best cheap Chromebook deals separately here – as it’s very rare to be able to pick up a laptop for such great deals.
The thing to remember about Chromebooks is that you really want to look for a still-supported laptop with a minimum set of features and specs.
It should have access to Play Store apps and services. It should also have at least 4GB of RAM and 16GB of storage (32GB of storage is better, but not needed, and going for more usually drives up the price). You also want to look for an Intel processor. If it runs a MediaTek or something else, it’ll still work perfectly fine; we just find Intel Chromebooks have more oomph to them.
Once you’ve found all that, you can get fancy and look for large touchscreen laptops or 2-in-1 convertibles with high-res displays. Or, you could go the other way… Say you’re looking for a throwaway device to give to your destructive kid. Then, by all means, go for bare-bones, like 2GB of RAM, a smaller 11-inch “HD” screen, and a black, plastic body and traditional form factor.
Here are all the bargain-basement Chromebooks we’ve spotted so far.
The best Chromebook deals in the US
• Lenovo Chromebook S330 for $199 ($100 off): This is one of the more expensive Chromebooks on our list. It brings a 14-inch HD display, 4GB of RAM, and a Mediatek processor. So, why the pricier tag? Well, it offers a whopping 32GB of storage. View the deal at Walmart.
• Acer 15.6 inch Chromebook for $206.99 ($22 off): This Chromebook has 4GB of RAM and is the perfect choice for a high schooler or college student who needs something to get their work done. View the deal at Best Buy.
• HP 14-inch Chromebook for $249: This Chromebook from HP is over half off and features a AMD A4-9120C accelerated processor and a 32GB eMMC flash memory. View the deal at Best Buy.
The best Chromebook deals in the UK
• Dell Inspiron C3181 for £149 (£20 off): The C3181 packs an 11.6-inch LCD, runs an Intel N3060 processor and comes with 1GB of storage and 4GB of RAM. View the deal at Amazon UK
• Asus C523 15.6-inch Chromebook – now £279, £50 off (was £329): Powered by Intel Celeron and with 64 GB eMMC, and 4GB RAM, this is a robust and fairly light – 1.2kg – Chromebook for everyday basic use. Check out the Asus C523 deal at Currys.
• Asus Chromebook Flip C433 14-inch Full HD touchscreen laptop – now £399, save £100 (was £499): An absolute cracking deal for a convertible Chromebook with Intel Core m3, 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage. Check it out at Currys
• HP x360 14-inch 2 in 1 Chromebook – now £399, save £100 (was £499): A great 14 inch Full HD touchscreen Chromebook powered by an Intel Pentium Gold 6405U processor and with 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC. Check out this HP Chromebook deal at Currys.
• Acer Chromebook 714 CB714-1W – now £399.99, save £100 (was £499.99): A really well balanced 14 inch Full HD Chromebook powered by an Intel Core i3-8130U and with 8GB RAM, 128GB eMMC. Check out this Acer Chromebook deal at Amazon UK.
• Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 Chromebook – now £429: A 14-inch 2 in 1 Laptop with a mid-range Intel Core i3 plus 64GB of storage – if you need more power check out the Windows versions below. Get this Lenovo deal from Currys PC World.
• Asus Chromebook Flip C436FA 14-inch Full HD touchscreen laptop – now £799.99, save £200 (was £999.99): An absolute cracking deal on a top-end Chromebook – Intel i5-10210U, 8GB RAM, 256GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD. Check it out at Amazon UK or John Lewis.
More Black Friday 2020 deals
In the US? Check out our US Black Friday deals page.
In the UK? Check out our UK Black Friday deals page.
Writing by Dan Grabham and Maggie Tillman.