The Redmi Note 10 series is one of the most exciting mid-rangers Xiaomi has to offer – the smartphones there cater to diverse groups of users with very affordable price tags. The Redmi Note 10 5G that we have for review today sounds like a rather niche offer – it gives you access to 5G networks on the cheap but there is more than that.
The affordable Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G also offers a 90Hz 1080p LCD screen, a triple camera on the back, plenty of connectivity options, a huge battery, and even a decent chipset that can handle gaming on the go. What’s the catch? Well, we are yet to find out if there is any.
The Redmi Note 10 5G runs on the 5G-enabled Dimensity 700 chipset by MediaTek and is usually coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB UFS2.2 storage. We like that Xiaomi has kept the microSD slot, even if it’s a hybrid slot. In fact, the Note 10 5G has a lot of fan-favorite features like a 3.5mm jack, FM radio, IR blaster, NFC. There are no stereo speakers, though.
The Redmi Note 10 5G, just like the Realme 8 5G, isn’t a device for everyone as it’s not the fastest or packing the best camera in this price bracket. But it ushers the Redmi Note series into this new 5G era, and anyone who wants to experience the faster 5G networks – can do so for €230 or less.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G specs at a glance:
- Body: 161.8×75.3×8.9mm, 190g; Gorilla Glass 3 front, plastic back, plastic frame.
- Display: 6.50″ IPS LCD, 90Hz, 400 nits (typ), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 405ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC2.
- Memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM (regional); UFS 2.2; microSDXC (hybrid, uses SIM2).
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide).
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 18W (22.5W bundled charger).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); Infrared port; 3.5mm jack, FM radio, NFC.
We know we’ve said this more than once, but we do believe every phone these days, no matter how cheap, should be offering some basic ingress protection – IP53, water-sealed ports, water-repellant coating – something that will make it more durable in our busy lives. Unfortunately, the Redmi Note 10 5G has none of that, and that’s the only thing we feel is missing on its specs sheet.
Unboxing the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G
The Redmi Note 10 5G is packed paper box that’s as vanilla as they come. It contains a 22.5W charger, a USB-C-to-A cable, and a transparent silicone case.
The case has a lid for the USB-C port, which is a nice touch as it keeps pocket dust away, but it’s a bit fiddly to open every time you need to charge your phone.
Finally, the Redmi Note 10 5G has this thin screen protector that was applied in the factory, but it’s a massive smudge magnet, and we peeled that off shortly after this unboxing.